How often do you clean your AR firearms? Do you have the right kit for the task? Not all kits work for all guns, and that is why you need the best AR-15 cleaning kit. This will make your work simple and enjoyable. Are you ready for the fun? Well, this review is designed for you.
We’ve researched the best cleaning kits available on the market and narrowed down to the top 6 most sought after kits for your AR-15. We also included a buying guide so that your work can be a breeze. Check through for additional details on each kit.
Reviews of the Best AR-15 Cleaning Kit
1. Overall best - Allen Universal Gun Cleaning Kit in Case (37 Pieces)
- 2 brass rods: 1 shotgun rod, 1 for rifles and pistols
- Cotton swabs for 270, 30 cal, 38-357, 410 bore, 20 guage, 12 guage
- Brushes for 17, 22, 270, 30cal, 38-357, 40, 45, 410 shotgun, 20 guage and 12 guage
- Slotted tips for 22, 30 cal, 357 and shotgun
- 17 cal adapter and shotgun adapter as well as a supply of patches
When we talked about a kit with many tools for easy cleaning, we meant a kit like this, Allen. It comes packed with 37 tools, which makes your AR-15 cleaning easy and fast. You can access the tools at any time and get the right tool for the specialist area you want to be cleaned.
The tools are well organized in compartments for easy access. Also, a good arrangement makes it easy to secure the tools for long term use.
In this kit, you'll find cleaning brushes, compatible rods, cotton swabs of different gauges, slotted tips, adapters of different sizes and a supply of patches. This explains why the kit has everything you need for a complete gun cleaning and maintenance.
About the quality, the gun cleaning tools in the kit are made to take you through a time when you want long term use. The manufacturer paid attention to the selection of materials for durability.
Everything comes in the box and hence portable to your desired location. This makes it effective for use outdoors. Also, the slim profile and the handle allows for easy carrying for transportability.
Overall, the best part with the Allen Universal Gun Cleaning Kit in Case (37 Pieces) is that it works with most of the rifles for stress-free cleaning. When you are set for a cling kit that will last you for ages, then try this kit and thank us later.
2. Best budget - FIRECLUB 7pcs/Set Pistol Gun Cleaning Kit
- Professional gun cleaning tools Extensible brass rod design Fits pistols
- For removing rust and cleaning corroded surfaces. Cleans and removes slag.
- Includes: Carry Handle, Base Rod, Extension Rod, Cotton Brush, Brass Brush, Bristle Brush, Cleaning Wipe Tip
- Cleans smaller surfaces without messy abrasive blasting. Professional gun cleaning tools
- Fits pistols Gun cal.38/357/9mm
Are you tired of confusing the tools in most of the kits with many tools? Well, if you need 7 pc, do not hesitate to grab this FIRECLUB 7pcs/Set Pistol Gun Cleaning Kit. It is simple to use and has portability features for remote use.
We liked it because of the few pieces that make your cleaning easy and fast. After use, packing the kit will take a few minutes, unlike the rest that takes your entire hour. This kit is a time saver. The tool is universal, and the extensible brass rod design fits pistols for easy cleaning.
The kit has everything you need for quick cleaning. This includes the; Carry Handle, Base Rod, Extension Rod, Cotton Brush, Brass Brush, Bristle Brush and Cleaning Wipe Tip. You'll find it easy to use the tools as they come individually in the kt with instructions on setting them up for use.
If you want professional cleaning outcomes when at home, you need to try this tool kit to deliver the best outcomes without a struggle.
Finally, this FIRECLUB 7pcs/Set Pistol Gun Cleaning Kit has the simple piece you need for your gun cleaning. When you are in a hurry and not ready to carry the bulky kits, this is the right kit.
3. Best washable and reusable - SWAB-ITS Rifle Firearm Cleaning Kit
- Swab-its Made in the USA .22cal/.243cal/.30cal/.40cal Rifle Firearm Cleaning Kit: 87-9904
- Includes: 9-Piece Firearm Cleaning Foam Swab Gun-tips - the perfect replacement for cotton swabs
- Bore-tips attached to the standard 8-32 threading cleaning rod. All products can be washed with standard dish soap or mineral spirits.
- Lint-free, washable, and re-useable, Bore-tips are caliber-specific firearms cleaning foam swabs that utilize your standard cleaning rod and provide a superior result compared to traditional cleaning methods. There is no need to fumble with patches and jags or pick lint left behind by old-fashioned cotton patches.
- Gun-tips are firearms cleaning foam swabs that are lint-free, washable, and reusable. Gun-tips are made in a range of sizes for cleaning slides, rails, trigger assemblies, crowns, and other hard to reach places. The plastic handles are bendable and will not break or splinter like wooden sticks.
The SWAB-ITS is your firearm cleaning kit that will impress your cleaning routines. The set has 9-Piece Firearm Cleaning Foam Swab Gun-tips. All these are washable and reusable. You'll have them for sometime before you think about replacing them.
The kits are made of high-quality materials for durability. They are lightweight, easy to set up and useful while on the go. When you go to the field, this kit fits well in your bag and takes little space.
Additionally, the tools available fit well on your cleaning rod, making them easy to use and versatile for your different gun sizes that are compatible with the kit.
Finally, the tools in this kit feature plastic handles. This makes them safe when in use.
Finally, the SWAB-ITS .22cal/.243cal/.30cal/.40cal Rifle Firearm Cleaning Kit is perfect if you are looking for a cost-effective closing kit that will work for different guns and rifles. You can try it out and share your results with us.
4. Best portable - Otis Technologies FG-750 Cleaning System
- Made in the USA, No Nonsense Warranty
- 100% cotton 2" & 3" patches (10 each), 3 slotted tips & 2 patch savers
- Six firearm specific bronze bore brushes with size marked on brush stem (.22/.223, .270, .30/.308/30-06/30-30, .38/9mm, .45 cal, 12 ga)
- 8" and 30" aircraft grade Memory-Flex cables and thread connector for proper Breech-to-Muzzle cleaning. 34" aircraft grade Memory-Flex cable (5-40 thread) with slotted tip is small enough to clean .17 caliber firearms
- Small & large obstruction removers knock out mud, snow & stuck casings. T-handle quickly attaches to cable for added comfort. Also includes chamber flag, 0.5 fl.oz. Shooter’s Choice FP-10 Lubricant Elite CLP & instruction manual and All items packed neatly in a 4"x4"x2.5" soft pack case
One of the popular brands that make exceptional caring kits is Otis Technologies. This FG-750 Cleaning System is excellent for your AR 15 since it has all the tools you'll need for basic cleaning.
The kit is packed with 100% cotton 2" & 3" patches, 3 slotted tips & 2 patch savers. All these tools come from high-quality construction materials to last you longer. Everything is packed neatly in a case for easy access and secure storage.
If you are tired of heavy systems, this cleaning unit will work for you since it is super lightweight and compact for portability and use while you are in the fields.
Additionally, the kit is versatile for all your guns and rifles. This makes it exceptional for your investment. Despite the best features, this kit is still effective and good value for your money.
Overall this Otis Technologies FG-750 Cleaning System comes packed for easy transportation and use when on the move. It is also small and lightweight for portability. When you want to save more but get quality, you can choose this kit.
5. Best multi-kit - Real Avid Gun Boss
- COMPLETE RIFLE CLEANING KIT: comprehensive gun cleaning tools for .22-.224 caliber rifles, includes in-field gun cleaning tools to take with to the range or when hunting
- QUICK-CLEAN BORE CLEANING SUPPLIES: includes innovative .22-.224 caliber to effortlessly clean bore without the hassle of gun takedown
- PREMIUM GUN CLEANING TOOLS: coated gun cleaning rod, bronze bore brush, nylon bore brush, nylon bore jag, slotted tip, bore mop and gun cleaning patches; detailing gun brush, picks and scraper to clean hard-to-reach areas
- GUN TOOL KIT WITH OPTIONS: equips you for quick-clean with gun snake or disassemble for thorough detailing without buying additional gun cleaning tools
- CONVENIENT: ergonomic gun cleaning tools, no-mess, self-contained, well-organized tool box so you can clean your handgun faster and easier
When you want to clean your favorite AR rifle, you'll need the best kit on the market. We settled on this Real Avid Gun Boss Multi-Kit because it has everything you need for exceptional outcomes when cleaning your gun.
It is perfect for bore and chamber cleaning. The best tools available make it easy to reach even the hard-to-reach areas. This leaves the gun clean for a wonderful shooting experience. Also, this lengthens the durability of the gun.
It is perfect for the American defensive rifles and hence the best for your outdoor cleaning. This kit is compact and well promised for easy portability.
Finally, you can get the Real Avid Gun Boss Multi-Kit and enjoy the outcomes. This kit has all the things you need for the AR cleaning needs. You can get one to see how it is effective in your tasks.
6. Best versatile - Allen Company Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit
- Professional grade gun cleaning kit, stored in a toolbox for portability, storage, and comes with high-grade components
- Standard 3-piece design brass cleaning rods in 4mm & 6mm diameters. Muzzle guards for 4mm & 6mm
- Shotgun bronze bore brushes & cotton swabs are all standard 5/16-27 thread for 12, 20, & .410 bores/gauges
- Rifle & Pistol bronze brushes for .17, .22, .243, .270, .30, .35, .338, .375, .40, .44, .45, .50, & .54 cal.
- Rifle & Pistol cotton swabs are all standard 8-32 thread for .357, 9mm, .30, & .270 cal.
You'll like the Allen Company Ultimate Universal Weapon Gun Cleaning Kit since it is among the few on the market that works for every gun and rifle. It comes packed in a toolbox, making it easy to transport on your clog mission.
It has 65 cleaning components that make it possible for you to clean your guns and eliminate all the elements you don't want. This lengthens your gun lifespan.
The gun kit has the compartments you need for separate storage. This makes quick access to the components and packs them securely after use.
Overall, the Allen Company Ultimate Universal Weapon Gun Cleaning Kit is a versatile kit you'll bank on for all your tasks. It comes well organized and hence exceptional for your cleaning needs.
How to Choose the Best AR-15 Cleaning Kit
To find the best AR 15 cleaning kit that is appropriate for you, there are 3 main questions you need to ask yourself:
- Does the kit come with all the tools for cleaning?
- Are all the tools easy to use?
- Is the kit portable for remote use?
Now that you have all the questions in your mind, you can now look at the crucial things you need to consider before getting the best AR cleaning kit.
Number of tools in the kit
You want to work with a complete kit, right? You'll need a kit that has all the important tools to make your cleaning simple. Find out if the kit comes with a diversity of tools for cleaning. This will help you make a wise choice. A good kit has more than five tools for easy cleaning.
When you are a firearm enthusiast, you’ll agree that most of your time is spent outdoors, and you’ll need to clean the gun regularly with the kit. This calls for a kit that has lightweight tools and compact for easy portability. The kit should have a gun cleaning box or a carry case to move the tools easily.
Brand and quality
This is the crucial combination that you need to put in mind when you are buying the kit. The brand should be popular since you have reviews from previous buyers to make your decision. Also, a popular brand has good customer care service.
However, you can still try out the new brands since some come with the best features at affordable prices. The quality is also key, and ensure your kit tools all come from the best materials for durability. The more you stay with the tool, the better you get the value for money.
If you want to know about the brand and quality, visit the links we've shared with you. Alternatively, you can take the long route and check on the manufacturer's website.
Easy to use
Are you in a hurry? Well, you'll need a tool kit that you can access easily for fast use. Ensure the ceiling is a quick access type to save time when you want to get the tools for cleaning.
Also, choose the kit that is less complex when it comes to using. A good tool kit should be easy to use and easy to pack. If it has a manual, you'll find it easy to go through the instructions and use it fast.
Nobody wants to spend heavily on a cleaning kit. This is where you need to check prices and compare them against your budgets. Luckily, you'll always find something for your money. We've also incorporated the cost-effective tools kits on our list to make the purchase real and affordable.
Your cleaning kit should not only be made to work on one type of gun. You need a versatile kit that works on different tulips of guns for easy cleaning of your expensive guns. Choose a universal kit, and this will be again or your investment. Our recommendations feature universal tools.
When you search for the best AR 15 cleaning kit, you'll need time and research to get the best deal on the market. Now that we've shared the top 6 kits with you that will meet your demands, you can now purchase easily and see the outcomes. Luckily, the prices are affordable, and the quality is amazing. What's more? Grab yours today, and clean your gun professionally.