Biometrics, a technical term that deals with body measurements and calculations. This authentication is used in computer science as a mean of access control by identifications.
Biometric identifies the unique, physiological/behavioral characteristics of the users such as fingerprint, face recognition, retina, voice, etc. Biometric technology is advancing rapidly and taking the place of other means of security; the gun safe is one of them. Its features as
- It recognizes your unique fingerprint and allows accessibility after scanning. It can allow the recognition of one or more than one fingerprint. Some of them have key or combination lock with biometric to make it more secure.
- One of the most important things to consider is how fast you can access your weapon in an emergency. It works more quickly than any other option available.
- Misplacing the key can let anyone easily enter the safe. This lock provides perfect security even over the threat of mishandling of the weapon by children.
Biometric safes can cost you more but look into the ease and security they are offering you. We have selected some smart safes that can work perfectly for your safety. Keep your security on your fingertips.
|SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe||Check On Amazon|
|BARSKA Biometric Fingerprint Drawer Safe||Check On Amazon|
|Vaultek Bluetooth Biometric Gun Safe||Check On Amazon|
|Verifi Smart Biometric Gun Safe||Check On Amazon|
||Viking Security Large Biometric Safe||Check On Amazon|
Best Biometric Gun Safe Reviews
1: SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe with Biometric Lock
Sentry gun safe provides secure storage for one standard handgun with advanced biometric protection. The gun safe features a gas strut for instantly opening the safe door for single-handed access to your handgun. It is ideal to use as a bedside gun safe.
Sentry safe is constructed with solid steel and a pry-resistant door for strength and security. This durable safe has a manual keypad and overrides key for back up an entry that is user-friendly features.
You can program up to four fingerprints, and with a keypad, you can program code for foolproof protection. If the batteries are dead, you can open the safe with the backup keys.
- The reset button is protected behind the batteries to save you from any accidental pressing.
- The safe identifies fingerprints in just a few seconds. It works faster than many other safes that have biometric technology.
- It provides you with the highest amount of protection, not only in the lock but in the durable construction of the safe.
- It’s a reliable product as its both pry-resistant and impact resistant.
- This Safe provides you, a limited amount of storage space.
- It takes longer to read your fingerprints if more than one prints have stored in it. You can save only your fingerprint and give other people the code to enter the safe.
- You need to keep a backup key and extra batteries with you as the battery life is short.
2: Barska Top Opening Biometric Gun Safe
DOJ approved Barska safes comes with 120 fingerprints biometric module with easy programming. This safe is built with durable steel that has tamper-resistant edges, and two built-in pry-resistant steel deadbolts for greater strength.
The safe comes with pre-drilled holes and mounting hardware that can help the safe to mount inside a large drawer easily.
You can use a backup key in the case of an emergency, or the batteries go dead.
A one-year limited warranty values the product.
- The safe has a silent mode. It will activate if hold the button for ten seconds.
- The safe can store fingerprints of more than one person so you can program fingerprints for everyone in the home. You should program the fingers with different angles to get better results while scanning.
- The safe comes with hardware to bolt the safe to a solid surface that adds more security to the safe.
- The safe will beep the alarm when the door is left open.
- In order to unlock the safe by the key, you need to remove the nameplate.
- It takes a few seconds for the door to lock after you close it. Press a button when you close the door to make it properly locked.
- This safe is not fireproof or waterproof so you should not keep important papers in the safe.
3: Vaultek MX Series Multiple Pistol Storage
The vaultek is making its name among customers for its durability and ample space. It can store up to 8 handguns.14-GAUGE carbon steel construction, a durable powder-coat finish to prevent corrosion gives it long-lasting protection.
Vaultek safes include anti-pry bars, Dual anti-impact latches, and impact detection for the complete prevention against break-ins.
This smart safe uses the Vaultek Bluetooth App on your smartphone. It enables you to view battery status, adjust the brightness of the interior light, unlock the safe remotely, view history log and more. The LCD screen provides visual feedback for the activities.
The biometric sensor is one of the best in the business as you can create up to 20 different user accounts. Plus, there is a keypress you can use as well as an additional safety feature.
- Smart technology makes this safe the ideal option to make you well aware of your belongings and update your device remotely.
- Three efficient ways of using technology to be able to access the gun safe.
- A great safe that is lightweight makes it a portable device that is easy to transport.
- A smart design that gives perfect anti-theft protection.
- It falls into the high price range.
- The use of Bluetooth can open the door for hacking.
- No Wi-Fi support is available.
4: BILLCONCH Biometric Gun Safe
Billconch a rugged, heavy-duty handgun safe made of 16-gauge carbon steel construction. It has a powder-coat finish that prevents corrosion and ensures long-lasting protection of your safe.
An app controls the biometric gun safe that offers the function of connecting Bluetooth APP, can be unlocked, manage to unlock fingerprint, change password and view unlocking record on APP. APP is very practical and easy to use.
Dual lock ability helps in safe and efficient access by spare key or biometric fingerprint scanner.
- Automatic door opening makes quick access to your valuables and firearm
- The LED light helps in low light situations to locate your belongings, and the backlit keypad is also easy to use.
- Silent mode can be turned on or off according to the need of sound.
- A micro-USB charging kit is included for better battery performance.
- The APP for remote access does not work correctly.
- The biometric reader should work more effectively and efficiently.
5: Verifi S6000 BiometricGun Safe
Verify biometric devices are famous for their sensitive and large scanning reader. It is the only FBI certified fingerprint sensor in any gun safe. High-resolution fingerprint images enhance recognition for quick access.
Tamper alerts are being informed with alarm, to keep you informed of unauthorized access attempts.
The smart scanners can store up to 40 fingerprints to make it user-friendly.
Auto-lock, led night light, wall/floor mountable are some other attractive features of the safe. It is made of high-grade steel, and the design makes it impact resistant and pry-resistant. The plating on the door is made to be drill resistant. Indeed a durable safe that will give you stress-free time, knowing no one is breaking into your safe.
- Efficient biometric reader allows quick access.
- The phone app is available that can give you temper alerts.
- The large size will give you ample space to manage your belongings well.
- High-quality construction makes it durable and tamper-proof product.
- Verifi Smart Safes are listed on the California Department of Justice Roster of Approved Firearm Safety Devices, so they are tested and approved for security use.
- More costly option than many others.
- You have to purchase a rack as it is not included.
6: GUNVAULT MICRO VAULT XL MVB1000
The Gunvault MVB 1000 can handle a maximum of 120 fingerprint templates and comes standard with a 4-foot security cable for more convenience.
18-Gauge steel construction and high-strength lock mechanism make it a durable product that performs reliably time after time. Precise fittings are impossible to pry open with hand tools.
Mounts almost anywhere, in any direction for your ease.
Protective foam-lined interior, with convenient elastic straps with pockets for extra storage, makes it very attractive and well-organized item.
- The safe is easy to open even in the complete darkness.
- You can place several handguns along with extra ammunition.
- Everyone in your home can program their fingerprint in the event an intruder enters your home, and they need access to the pistol.
- This safe doesn’t have a code so your kids can’t gain access to your guns.
- Doesn’t have a handle for conveniently carrying the safe. Do not put the safe in a place where you have to move it often.
- The scanner will not read your fingerprint if your finger isn’t placed on it correctly. You should program your fingerprint from several different angles.
- All Gunvault safes left a small gap when closed.
7: Barska Quick Access Biometric Gun Safe
For those who are looking for a safe made for larger guns that are specifically designed for rifles. BARSKA is the leaders in security concerning gun safes, and this is one of the best ones for you.
With Barska’s Biometric Rifle Safe, firearm access and home defence are as quick as 2.5 seconds. The safe is made Tamper-resistant, pry-proof, and crafted with steel.
Barska Biometric Fingerprint Safe ensures secure firearm storage, effectively deters unauthorized access as by your kids. You can store your shotgun, rifles, handguns, and ammo all in one mountable location safe.
- Stores up to 120 different fingerprints for easy access to you and your family.
- Easy to set up in your home and provides incredible protection for your firearms
- Built with heavy-duty construction that makes it nearly impossible to break into
- The biometric locking system is easy to activate when required.
- There is plenty of storage space here if you have a rifle with a scope you were only able to fit one rifle in here
- With the opening of the door, it can tip forward, if it is not connected properly
8: Viking VS-50BLX Gun Safe
This Viking Safe has impressive features that make it a safe option to store valuables or dangerous items in their homes. Digital LCD Keypad, upgraded 500 DPI Optical sensors, makes it a unique product among others.
Battery status and Operations displayed help the user to manage the safe with ease. It allows users to turn the sound off in case of intruders and has both a fingerprint and code option to allow quick and safe access.
Pry-resistant,scratch-resistant military coating, laser-cut, seamlessly welded, 20 mm Solid steel Locking bars enter two insertion slots in the frame of the safe, and a warning beep, if the door is left open, makes it a perfect security device.
- Sound can be easily turn off so it won’t make a noise when you open it to get your valuables.
- Passcode allows you to give access to multiple users and it is also helpful when biometric scanners don’t read properly.
- The safe has three adjustable shelves so you can easily manage and find things in a rush.
- The door needs to be closed to change the batteries.
- Viking Biometric Safe has three shelves that are not much sturdier.
9: Verifi Smart Biometric Gun Safe
The Verifi Smart Safe uses modern advances to keep your belongings safe. Verify biometric devices are famous for their sensitive and large scanning reader. It is the only FBI certified fingerprint sensor in any gun safe. High-resolution fingerprint images enhance recognition for quick access.
The smart scanners can store up to 40 fingerprints to make it user-friendly. Auto-lock, led night light, wall/floor mountable are some other attractive features of the safe. It is made of high-grade steel, and the design makes it impact resistant and pry-resistant.
- Biometric Safe performs automatic diagnostic tests to check the viability of the electronics system and battery performance. This safe from Verifi tests itself to check that its electronics and batteries are working properly.
- Temper alerts option is there If a stranger or other intruder attempts to access this safe.
- LED night light helps the owner open the safe when it might be dangerous to turn the lights on.
- This is not the heaviest safe, meaning a burglar or intruder could just pick it up easily. Users can mount the safe to a wall to secure the device.
- LED display angle is difficult to see in case of mounted on the wall.
10: Amazonbasics Biometric Gun Safe
The AmazonBasics Biometric Fingerprint Home Safe has an affordable price range. But it is Durable as built from heavy-duty carbon steel, the safe consists of an 8-gauge steel door and a 14-gauge steel body perfect for pry-resistant. It offers up to 50 fingerprints to store and read.
- The AmazonBasics BiometricSafe is super-fast to allow you easy and fast access.
- The AmazonBasics Safe comes with mounting hardware, so you can store it and maintain it according to your choice for easy access.
- A backup key is good for access when biometric readers are not in use.
- The battery panel that powers the safe isn’t the much durable. It is prone to falling off with a jerk.
- The automatic door opening is not available as after pressing the finger to the pad and unlocking, the knob still needs to be turned to open.
Buying Guide for A Biometric Gun Safe
As above noted, we know a biometric gun safe will provide a unique layer of security for our most valuable items. Every user wants a gun safe that is reliable, and durable as while offering perfect security it last longer. To help you find the best one, we have considered the following characteristics for a gun safe.
Before investing in a biometric safe, you may worry that they won’t be able to gain access in the case of mechanical or electrical failure. Most of the leading brands are providing some measure of back-up access.
A number of models are designed with a hidden keyhole and back-up keys. These allow users to open the safe even if the battery goes out of charge.
Some fingerprint readers can create problems, or your finger can be injured, or wet while scanning to cause a failure in the access. To deal with such issues, some brands have an additional code-entry system. This allows users whose fingerprints aren’t reading to access.
While choosing a safe, you have decided what you want to store inside. You can store firearms or other weapons like knives. For such purposes, a small, compact safe is perfect.
These are easy to transport and kept out of reach of both children and intruders. Large size safe can offer ample interior space, allowing larger firearms, other valuables, documents or some business data. You can also find safes that are designed with adjustable shelves for better organization and easy access to your valuables.
Advanced Security Features
The biometric safes are designed with diagnostic tools that help the users to manage the device aptly. For example, some safes will beep when the battery is running out, or the door remains open for a longer time. Others are equipped with LED screens that will give a better visual for all the information.
Safes with tamper alerts will try to inform you who access the safe and even how he accesses without having the proper authorization. These additional features will provide you with peace of mind.
Cost of the Safe
The biometric safes are using the latest technology and will end up costing hundreds of dollars. The price tag rises when you are even looking for extra features, diagnostics, etc. Your gun safe must provide baseline security at least, and you should not compromise your safety at any cost.
You should never overlook the fireproof ability for your gun safe. When you are choosing a secured safe, a minimum of 1-hour fire rated gun safe is best. Gun safes with less than an hour of fire rating will not be sufficient enough to protect your gun safe.
You can be confident for your documents, and other valuables, to be safe inside the device at the event of a fire. Fire seals can be equally important. Fire seals on the door keep most of the moisture away from going inside the safe.
It can help you keep your gun free from rust and corrosion. Fire seals will expand during a fire to stop the fire, smoke, and water from entering.
In concluding, 3.7 million homes, invasions occur every year – and 27% of the time, a family member is at home so all you need is to manage a firearm for your security.
A gun safe can be an excellent option to keep your weapons under control. Not only from thieves but away from your children also is the only safe alternative for managing a gun at home. The biometric gun safe is the best option with the latest and most secure technology.