1.7 million children live with loaded guns at home, and 2428 children shot by guns accidentally or attempted suicide.
Children’s Health Organization states that even a toddler is strong enough to press the trigger and can cause injuries to them or others. The organization warned parents to be aware of the facts and prevent children from their careful behaviors. The first rule defined by the Children Health Organization is for having guns at home is to put unloaded weapons in a locked safe. A gun safe can be a real savior for you and your family.
Big safes are suitable to keep and secure as they are challenging to carry or more pry-resistant. However, they are not easily accessible in emergencies, and they are not portable as small safes can be placed in cars while traveling or in drawers near you in the nightstand. You can easily manage a small safe.
There are different types of small safes with various capacities and features. Bio-metric gun safes and digital lock safes both are available in the market.
1: Vaultek MX Series Multiple Pistol Storage
The vaultek is making its name among customers for its durability and ample space. It can store up to 8 handguns.14-GAUGE carbon steel construction, a durable powder coat finish to prevent corrosion gives it long-lasting protection.
Vaultek safes include anti-pry bars, Dual anti-impact latches, and impact detection for the complete prevention against break-ins.
This smart safe uses the Vaultek Bluetooth App on your smartphone. It enables you to view battery status, adjust the brightness of the interior light, unlock the safe remotely, view history log and more. The LCD screen provides visual feedback for the activities.
The biometric sensor is one of the best in the business as you can create up to 20 different user accounts. Plus, there is a keypad you can use as well as an additional safety feature.
- Smart technology makes this safe the ideal option to make you well aware of your belongings and update your device remotely.
- Three efficient ways of using technology to be able to access the gun safe.
- A great safe that is lightweight makes it a portable device that is easy to transport.
- A smart design that gives perfect anti-theft protection.
- It falls into the high price range.
- The use of Bluetooth can open the door for hacking.
- No Wi-Fi support is available.
2: Fort Knox Personal Handgun Safe PB4 + Free Dean Safe 13.5″ Pistol Sock
With a thick 10-gauge steel body and a 3/16″ tamper-resistant door, this safe is very reliable and robust. The heavy-duty tamper-resistant hinge is placed under the door to protect it from attack.
It has a Simplex push-button mechanical lock, which is fast and easy to use with the potential of 1,081 different combinations. The silver powder coat finish gives a durable and elegant look to this quality device.
The interior is carpet lined to protect your valuables and guns from scratches. You can easily fit 1 or 2 guns in this compact but spacious handgun safe. The pre-drilled holes in the bottom make it easy to be bolted down to a drawer, or any other flat surface for easy and secure access.
- They come with a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Surpasses the California Department of Justice firearm safety device requirements proving its utmost quality.
- Its construction should be more secure to make it pry-resistant.
- The simplex lock does not function correctly after some time. Buttons of the keypad stick inside.
3: V-Line Top Draw Locking Tactical Gun Safe
The V-Line is a top opening case for easy access and management of your valuable content. It has easily programmable, five push button mechanical lock that does not require batteries. This safe can allow up to two pistols depending on their sizes.
This specially designed gun safe has stainless-steel face-plate and predrilled holes in the bottom that can secure the safe. It can be easily attached to many surfaces, and Quick Release Mounting Bracket by the manufacturers can also be added to it for sturdy grip. CA Approved Gun Storage with durable construction for perfect security.
- Finished in a rugged textured low gloss black powder coating and accented with a gloss black V-Line logo to add elegance to the durability.
- The heavy foam interior protects your firearms and valuables from scratches and damage.
- To set and reset the combination lock according to your choice for more security is easy, and instructions are also attached to it.
- This case slides on slick surfaces easily so there must be rubber feet attached.
4: AdirOffice Security Gun Safe
This pry-resistant safe offers perfect protection from forced entry. Besides, a carpeted floor will protect your most precious valuables from scratches and damage.
For easy entry and secure storage, you can set your code through the keypad.
The digital display can show three different symbols, indicating locked, unlocked and low battery for your ease.
This safe offer high-quality security. Other than the electronic lock, this gun safe features two live-door bolts, a pry-resistant steel door, and concealed hinges. These features prevent intruders from accessing the safe and offering you complete peace of mind.
Available in different sizes that allow you to store a wide variety of items – from legal documents and passports to jewelry, cash, and your firearms.
- Furnished in red, black and white, also available in three different sizes – 0.5, 1.25 or 2.32 cubic feet – you can choose the one that suits your needs.
- It comes with two override keys, making it possible to open the safe even if you forget your passcode or the batteries go dead.
Hinges are not made much durable.
It should be made to allow a complete pry-resistant ability by a more secure lock.
5: Verifi S6000 Biometric Gun Safe
Verify bio-metric devices are famous for their sensitive and large scanning reader. It is the only FBI certified fingerprint sensor in any gun safe. High-resolution fingerprint images enhance recognition for quick access.
Tamper alerts are being informed with alarm, to keep you informed of unauthorized access attempts.
The smart scanners can store up to 40 fingerprints to make it user-friendly.
Auto-lock, led night light, wall/floor mountable are some other attractive features of the safe. It is made of high-grade steel, and the design makes it impact resistant and pry-resistant. The plating on the door is made to be drill resistant. Indeed a durable safe that will give you stress-free time, knowing no one is breaking into your safe.
- An efficient bio-metric reader allows quick access.
- The phone app is available that can give you temper alerts.
- The large size will give you ample space to manage your belongings well.
- High-quality construction makes it a durable and tamper-proof product.
- Verifi Smart Safes are listed on the California Department of Justice Roster of Approved Firearm Safety Devices, so they are tested and approved for security use.
- More costly option than many others.
- You have to purchase a rack as it is not included.
6: GUNVAULT MICRO VAULT XL MVB1000
The Gunvault MVB 1000 can handle a maximum of 120 fingerprint templates and comes standard with a 4-foot security cable for more convenience.
18-Gauge steel construction and high-strength lock mechanism make it a durable product that performs reliably time after time. Precise fittings are impossible to pry open with hand tools.
Mounts almost anywhere, in any direction for your ease. Protective foam-lined interior, with convenient elastic straps with pockets for extra storage, makes it a very attractive and well-organized item.
- The safe is easy to open even in the complete darkness.
- You can place several handguns along with extra ammunition.
- Everyone in your home can program their fingerprint in the event an intruder enters your home, and they need access to the pistol.
- This safe doesn’t have a code so your kids can’t gain access to your guns.
- It doesn’t have a handle for conveniently carrying the safe. Do not put the safe in a place where you have to move it often.
- The scanner will not read your fingerprint if your finger isn’t placed on it correctly. You should program your fingerprint from several different angles.
- All Gunvault safes left a small gap when closed.
A small gun safe can be the right protection of your family in real terms, so choose the best option from above-listed products that suits your needs the most. A right safe can give protection to your valuables from outer elements, so they are the utmost necessity of a gun owner’s house.